Advanced Condendes Matter Physics im Sommersemester 2017
This semester there will be 25 or 26 exercises.
You need 15 Votation (=60% of 25) points to pass the exercises and qualify for the exams.
... are scheduled 24.-27-June.
- Wednesday 19.07. ( last exercise)
Lecturer: Prof. C. Bechinger
Monday 11:30 to 13:00 in room 5-319 and
Thursday 9:45 to 11:15 in room 5-319
You will find room 5-319 in the physics building (Pfaffenwaldring 57) on the 5th floor behind the green elevator (south wing).
First lecture: Monday 10.04.2017
(Dr. L. Helden)
This semester exercise classes are every second week only.
On Wednesdayday an exercise sheet will be provided for download and solved during the following two weeks by the students. Results will be discussed in the exercise group on
Wednesday 11:30-13:00 in room 5-319 (same room as lecture).
First exercise sheet : 12.04.2017 (same login for download as last semester)
First exercise discussion: 19.04.2017.
Further exercise discussions: 3.5.; 17.5.; 31.5.; 21.6. (no lectures 5.-9.6.); 5.7.; 19.7.
Sing in for the Exercise group during the first lecture!
To pass the exercises (and register for the exam):
- at least 60% of all exercises voted
- at least two successful presentations of your solution to the group
- Ashcroft & Mermin: Solid state Physics
- Kittel: Introduction to solid state physics
- Chakin & Lubensky: Principles of Condensed Matter Physics
- Ibach: Solid state Physics
- Gross & Marx: Festkörperphysik (in German)
- Hunklinger: Festkörperphysik (in German)
Office time: Wednesday, 13:00 to 14:00, Room 5-549