Advanced Experimental Physics im Wintersemester 2016/17
The final dates for the exams are posted at the notice board next to the institutes office (room 5-553).
The exams will take place at Prof. Bechingers office. Enter through the institutes office (room 5.553).
Lecturer: Prof. C. Bechinger
Lectures: weekly on
- Monday 12:15 to 13:45 in room 5-319 and
- Thursday 9:45 to 11:15 in room 5-319
You will find room 5-319 in the physics building (Pfaffenwaldring 57) on the 5th floor behind the green elevator (south wing).
First lecture: Monday 17.10.2016
Each week on Wednesday an exercise sheet will be provided for download and solved during the week by the students.
Results will be discussed in the exercise group (Dr. L. Helden) on next
- Wednesday 11:30-13:00 in room 5-319 (same room as lecture).
First exercise sheet : 17.10.2016 (copies and web login will be distributed during the first lecture, later exercise sheets can be downloaded from this website.)
First exercise group: 26.10.2016.
To pass the exercises:
- at least 60% of all exercises voted
- at least three successful presentations of your solution to the group
- Ashcroft & Mermin: Solid state Physics
- Kittel: Introduction to solid state physics
- Chakin & Lubensky: Principles of Condensed Matter Physics
- Ibach: Solid state Physics
- Gross & Marx: Festkörperphysik (in German)
- Hunklinger: Festkörperphysik (in German)
Office time: Wednesday, 13:00 to 14:00